Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter

I got this pic off of Pinterest (my new obsession). 
So a couple of weeks ago I was getting out of my car and a minivan pulled in my driveway right behind me. I knew immediately who it was...a Jehovah's witness. {crap} -yes, that's what I think every time I see that van.

It's an old man that stops about once a year. I never can think of anything really profound to say to him that will let him know that I'm not interested. I take his tracts and throw them away after he leaves. Honestly, I can't really find anything in his little pamphlets that's really "wrong" per say. It's just they leave so much out.

This time though, the old man was driving and his buddy got out to talk to me. He was extremely nice. And I really liked him. He wasn't pushy and he didn't ask me a ton of questions. He invited me to the services that they were going to have downtown. He said it was a "celebration of the death of Jesus".

That struck me weird.

I replied "That's funny! I celebrate the rising of Jesus!"

I did...just like that. I was surprised at myself. He excused himself pretty quickly and said he hoped that I'd come and bring my family.

And while I am so thankful that Jesus died for me on the cross, I am so thankful He is not there anymore! He's alive! And I'm alive because of Him!

HAPPY EASTER!

Little Disclaimer:  I have no idea what the JWs believe, if they believe in Jesus and what He did or not. I don't know if that guy thought I was weird or not. I hope it made him think though... I hope it makes you think.

1 comments:

mickev said...

I am so thankful, too! And thankful that (knock on wood) no Jehovah's Wintess people have come to my house!

Related Posts with Thumbnails