Tuesday, April 5, 2011

bu-bye vacay

Back to the real world. Back to work. I've been doing paperwork catch up the last two days. Already been to Walmart...if that doesn't welcome you home, I don't know what will.

If ya didn't know, Matt and I went on a cruise last week. This was our home away from home for awhile.

spirit

It was the first vacation that we'd been on since we had the boys. We went with 7 other families, most of them taking their kids (but we didn't). I think the group was 26 or 27 people total! We had a blast. I am so glad we went as a group.

We visited Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel.

In Costa Maya, we rented some jet skis and got totally sunburned while we were on them. Matt has a life jacket tan line. And my butt took a beating on them since I rode with Matt and he held the thing wide open the whole time we were out there.

Belize was pretty miserable. First, I got sunscreen in my eye and it wouldn't stop watering. Then we had to wait on the tender boat to bus us from our ship to the shore. We waited forever and while we were waiting someone sprayed some sunscreen that got up my nose. Oh yeah, I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair that morning and was a total scuzball. Plus, there wasn't a whole lot to do there.

Then we went to Roatan; it's an island off of Honduras. I thought this one would be a bad stop but it was my favorite. It was really beautiful. We were on Fantasy Island for this pic. Evidently, Fantasy Island was a tv show that I never had the privilege to watch.

fanatsy island

That face that Matt is sporting became a huge joke. As soon as you'd snap the pic, he smile. Every single photo that the ship people took looked just like this one. Needless to say I didn't buy any.

matt and his boots

He did get really excited though to find cowboy boot stores in Mexico. (I, on the other hand, was pretty impressed with the free samples from the tequila stores;) He did buy a pair of boots, but not those. They were the ones he really wanted, but they were too expensive. Thank goodness, they don't give out enough tequila to get me to walk next to him in those.

roatan

This was the beach in Roatan. It was, by far, the nicest beach I've ever been on. It had awesome huge palm trees to relax under. I love the beach.

roatan

I did a lot of laying out, but my tan is now going to go to waste since it was a chilly 50 degrees today at home. Welcome home!

2 comments:

mickev said...

Love love love it! Looks like an amazing trip. Wish I could have gone...and I would have definitely loved to try the free samples :) So glad you are back safe and sound! Love ya!

kinze said...

man ... this really makes me want to va-k somewhere warm and sunny! and you look darling in that white eyelet dress!

Related Posts with Thumbnails