Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Old Settlers Days

Every year we go to Brimfield for Old Settlers Days. There was a parade, rides, games, lawn mower races, food...lots of food, and fun.

Slone rode on the parade float with the church.

Slone on the float

Lexi got lots of candy and shared the "big boy candy" with my boys, since Slone couldn't catch any because he was on the float.

lexi and her stash

Max scarfed down a popsicle that were passed out at the parade.

max and his popsicle

Matt had to compete in the lawn mower races...He got third and won two bucks. Believe me, he is still talking about it and how he would've won...blah, blah, blah. I seriously have to tune him out. Does he not realize that it doesn't matter and first only won like five dollars?

matt, the great lawn mower racer

We were walking back after the races and the boys wanted to ride on the ferris wheel. I'm not sure that they have ridden on a big one. We bought some tickets and got on. Bo was tense and couldn't hardly stand it at first. I have to admit, I didn't really like it either...Am I getting old? All I could think about was how rickety it was.

Here's his face during the ride.

Bo on the ferris wheel

We had to hold hands...he insisted.

we had to hold hands...his idea

The view from the top of the ferris wheel.

from the top of the ferris wheel

Since this week Slone starts school, it was a good way to say so long to summertime.

1 comments:

mickev said...

Love it! Great pictures, great fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails