Friday, August 20, 2010

Kindergarten...Already?

Slone has grown up. Remember when he looked like this?

100_0183

Well, the "big heart" part, that still goes. His new teacher gave us a little paper about a book she is going to read the kids today. It's about a momma who kisses the kid's hand and tells him if he feels scared at school, he can put his hand to his face, feel the kiss, and know his mom loves him. So I kissed his hand and told him about the story. The kid had tears in his eyes, which obviously put tears in mine. He really is big hearted.

When did this...

Slone on Hayrack ride

become this?

failed together shot

But I really am happy that he is growing up. I have a huge amount of pride when the new teacher told me that the old teacher says he's a great kid. I hope he grows up to be a great man. Actually, I pray that he does.

kindergartener

bus is here!

Marty, the bus driver, cracks me up in this pic...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Slone looks so happy and excited to start school. What a big day--first day of Kindergarten--I bet Marty was ready to get back to the old routine too--haha:)BTW, love the story:)

leigh hewett said...

I found you over at Nie's show and tell. I thought that you might enjoy a project that I have going on over at my Blog. Every Tuesday I host The Happiness Project. You simply post a photo of something that makes you happy and then link up.

I'm trying to take over the Blogosphere with happiness. Here is a link to this week's post if you want to see what it's all about.

http://leighvslaundry.blogspot.com/2010/08/happiness-project-week-25.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails