Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fleece Blanket Tutorial

finished

I know you all have seen these blankets a million times, but I absolutely love them! They are by far the warmest blankets, super soft and wash up like a dream.

I locked my keys in the car had some extra time to kill the other day and luckily Joann's was right across the parking lot. They had all of their fleece 50% off. I had just made one of these blankets for someone for Christmas and really wanted one for myself when I was done with it. I found this awesome gray houndstooth fleece. I love it! I thought about putting it with red, which I still think would look really good, but I went with a mustard yellow. It looks so good together.

I got two and a half yards though instead of the two yards that was suggested. I like my blankets up around my neck and still covering my feet. To me, this is the perfect size.

First things first, lay both of your fleece pieces out flat, one on top of the other. This way you can cut through both layers at the same time and everything will match up easily. You will need to cut a square out of the corner. I cut mine about 4x4 inches. You will need to cut it the same lengths that you will be cutting your strips.

step one

I did one side at a time. I cut about one inch strips all the way down one side and then came back and knotted them all. Then I cut the next corner out, cut the strips on that side, then knotted them.

step two

yummy knots all in a row

Do all four sides and you're done! The fleece ended up being around $3-5 a yard with the half off discount. So I got a great blanket for around $25!

fluffy
Sorry these aren't in the greatest light. It was dark at 4:30:( Is it spring yet?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails