Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Creative God - week 3

Genesis 45-50 & Job 1-18

Week 3 and in Job. Job is hard for me. Is it hard for you to read? Sometimes (depending on where I'm at in my life), I think his friends actually sound smart. Have you ever read it like that?

I hope that we learn that the things that we say do matter. We definitely don't want to be putting words into God's mouth. It's a whole lot about judging someone else's circumstances and outcomes. We automatically think that they've "done something wrong", that they've sinned. And we ourselves are just a little bit better. I know that I've been guilty of this.

I hope too that we could be as strong as Job. That we wouldn't want to "curse God and die" like Job's wife says to do. But that we would try to rectify our relationship with God. On Sunday, our pastor just talked about how even if you haven't prayed or talked with God for a while, it's like meeting up with an old friend. He's there to listen to our small talk and there for the big stuff.

This pin from pinterest really nailed it, I thought.




Those are my thoughts for this week. I hope you know that these posts are more for myself than for you. I don't want you to think that I'm preaching. What were your thoughts on the reading this week?




3 comments:

Laurie J said...

that giglio quote is great. and i'm reading thru job, too. so glad you're honest about the friends.....i actually underlined some of the stuff they said. but then God speaks at the end and it's like WHOA!! creative God we serve indeed
<3

mickev said...

Love your honesty. Love that quote. Job is hard. I am reading Jeremiah, and it is hard, too. I find myself wanting to SCREAM at the Israelites..."FOLLOW GOD! Stop being so stupid!" But I am just as guilty of not following him as they were. : ( So glad, Jesus was sent to wash us clean : )

Anonymous said...

We've been thinking a lot about God's big picture for us too. Sometimes it's easier to let Him deal with and other times it's the lack of patience.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...never feels preachy...no worries!

Related Posts with Thumbnails